Sunday 6 October 2013

Task 4a - Creating Questions - Continued

So, after some more time spent looking at my themes/topics/subject areas I have come up with the following questions.  Please make sure you comment on this post and give me some feedback.  Also, if these questions seem similar to your subject area let me know and I'll set up a Facebook group that we can use as our SIG.

In a time within education where A*-Cs in EBAC subjects mean so much to a school, do arts subjects still have a valid place within the education system?  

Why do we have arts subjects within education?

Are arts subjects more important within non-mainstream education?

In non-meainstream education, are arts subjects about teaching a skill that can be judged or developing the self?

In what ways do arts subjects help in getting students back into mainstream education?

Is it important to include Drama within the teaching of other subjects to subject active/kinaesthetic learners?

In what ways is the teaching of arts subjects different in mainstream education to the teaching of them in non-mainstream education? 

I'll extend this post as I develop more questions so keep checking back.  I'm going to take my questions into work this week and ask other professionals in my position to consider my thoughts and think about how they would answer them.

Make sure you comment and remember, if you want to set up a SIG with me, let me know.

4 comments:

  1. Lets set up an SIG, I would love to develop some of your questions regarding the importance of The Arts in Education together. This is a subject I feel very strongly about and I think it would be great if we could brainstorm together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea Lizzy. I personally think that Facebook would be perfect for an interactive SIG, I could set us up a group on there so we can share some ideas regarding our questions, what do you think?

      Delete
  2. Hi, thanks for contacting me, I agree we are along similar lines which is great as it means we can join together yet still see things from a slightly different perspective. I particularly like the question about active learners, I find that very interesting. Have you managed to set up a Facebook group? I tried to find you but couldn't seem to, I know my facebook is on lockdown due to working in a primary school, will see if I can send you a link to my profile, hope that works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hannah, I am part of the SIG MODULE 2 group on Facebook, I think you can add me through my email?? idreamedadream@msn.com? I am also on lock down! lol How you finding it all so far? x

      Delete