Tuesday 1 October 2013

Task 4a - Creating Questions

After reading the fourth Reader I am starting to feel a little more confident with this module/set of tasks.  To begin with the thought of coming up with questions surrounding my professional practice felt a little daunting and unclear but I have taken onboard what the Reader has said and started to consider a possible theme(s)/area(s) of study.  Since my sideways shift into non-mainstream education I have decided to make my theme(s) surround this new area of my professional practice too, as so far, so good!

These are my current themes that I have started to think about:


The importance of the arts within education.

The importance of the arts within non-mainstream education.

Using drama as a tool in non-mainstream education to encourage progression back into mainstream schooling.

The transferable skills that are developed through the inclusion of the arts in education.

The inclusion of the arts into other subject areas to encourage active/kinaesthetic learning.

The differences between how the arts are used in mainstream education and non-mainstream education.

All of these possible themes are currently topics that I am coming into contact with on a daily basis and are all areas that I would feel confident approaching my new team about.  I am planning on creating my questions, alongside those of you that become part of my SIG, in a way that can be accessed by both my colleagues and my students.  From here I think I am now due to start developing my questions and pulling these from one of the different subject areas that I have listed above.

If anyone has any suggestions as to what my questions could be make sure you post some comments.  Keep posted as to how this post develops over the next week as I will put my questions up on here as they start developing.  

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I like how you have developed categories. I have developed a few questions so far, and have posted them on my blog. I think some of them will fit in well with categories you have devised. Take a look and tell me what you think. I will be posting more and developing my ideas from the questions I have asked over the next week.

    ReplyDelete